Friday 30 December 2011

Hugo Review


Children's films really vary in quality, I know I'm not the target audience!!! But I think children much deserve a genuine story than a constant string of fart and sick jokes. Hugo is a very intelligent film and directed by Martin Scorsese we didn't really expect anything else. It manages to tell a heartfelt tale of loss, alongside the birth of modern cinema, and all in the beautiful backdrop of Paris.
The characters are all well developed, and the acting is well executed. Sacha Baron Cohen as the the station guard does seem somewhat of a caricature, but this does harm the story in any way. Personally I have not read the original source material so cannot comment on its accuracy, but it was a film full of emotion and made me check out the films of  Georges Méliès,  which I must say are also well worth a watch. Although I am not the biggest fan of 3D I would have liked to see this in 3D as you could clearly see it was designed to be in this format.

check out the trailer--> Hugo Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment