Saturday 7 January 2012

NEW FEATURE ---->>Dvd Box

Each week probably Saturday or Friday night, i will give you a dvd from my dvd collection, this will be picked a random so it may be my favourite, and will possibly belong to someone else in the residence, but hopefully it will open you up to some new/old films and may make me revisit some awful film. soooo this week it is..............Attack the Block

This is a relatively new addition to the DVD collection, and don't just think, because it begins with an A I am going through my DVD's alphabetically, because I can assure you there is no order to my collection!!! I was really excited to see this film, but sadly missed out at the cinemas, so this was really my first encounter.
I found the film quite entertaining not perfect, but entertaining, and thought the characters where all well developed and was particularly impressed by the lead actor John Boyega (Moses), he will certainly have a good future. The aliens/creatures were also well designed and original, and  liked some of the hints of ET, with the youths riding on there bikes etc. However I felt the film was hard to place, as it was not that scary, but it wasn't that humorous, and either a greater focus on one of these or a better combination of both of them may have improved it somewhat.
But this aside, I found Attack the Block an exciting film from newcomer Joe Cornish, and look forward to his future projects. So you should definitely give it a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment